Some of the most stupid comments I've heard since Catie got diabetes (in no particular order):
1. Aren't her sugars regulated yet?
2. Won't she outgrow it?
3. Can't she just take a pill?
4. Won't she be fine on the field trip since she's usually ok most other days?
5. Why do you have to check her in the middle of the night?
6. Why do you still have to count carbs and check her blood sugar if she has a pump?
7. Isn't it overkill to weigh her food?
8. You would only be 15 minutes away, it's ok to leave her with her 12 year old cousin for 5 hours.
9. It's just a cookie, let her be a kid...