I wasn't sure what to write about in admitring differences. I'm still trying to find people that I have something in common with in the D-world.
D-Myths I have heard since my daughter's dx (also can be lumped in with stupid things people say to you after they find out you or your kid have D):
1. Did she get that from eating too many sweets/candy/juice?
2. Is that the bad kind of diabetes?
3. Can she eat candy/cake/ice cream?
4. She needs sugar free candy, right?
5. Won't she out grow that?
6. Can't she just take a pill instead of shots?
Each time I hear one of these things I want to pound my head and tell them they are stupid. Diabetes is fairly common and lots of people have it (Type 2 anyway) so I knew the answers to all of these before my daughter got diabetes. People are just ignorant until it hits them in the face.
So my choices are:
1. educate people
2. tell them they are stupid
3. agree with them, maybe they will realize they are stupid
I usually go for number 1, sometimes I do number 3. Depends on my mood.
This video sums it up. I'm sure everyone has seen it.